NETWORK – Globalhealth
Information for Patients
Information for patients
Note: For doctors we have a separate information page about our Faculty of Lipoysis.
The reduction of fat pads by lipodissolve – the chemical lipolysis
Who doesn’t know them…the small fat deposits on the stomach, hips, thighs, double chin or cheeks that cannot be removed despite a healthy diet and sport?
Even in the course of weight reduction, these unpleasant fat deposits do not always disappear where you would like them to. In such a case, injection lipolysis – also known as “lipodissolve” – can be exactly the right therapy for you.
This is a minimally invasive procedure that has a convincing effect on this type of problem zones.
Several hundred thousand applications have been carried out since 2003, so that our doctors have extensive experience knowledge which is laid down in the NETWORK-Lipolysis Treatment Protocol.
Treatment and effect
Your attending physician will inform you comprehensively about the active substance used in a personal consultation.
In the treatment, the active ingredient is injected directly into the fat pad with a fine needle, which dissolves the fat, i.e. the so-called lipolysis in the body is set in motion.
The body transports the decomposed fat via the lymphatic system and the liver from the injected areas. This is a strengthening of natural processes that take place elsewhere in the body.
Shortly after the injection, the patient notices a local reaction, which becomes noticeable in the form of redness, burning or swelling. These symptoms subside after a few days. NETWORK doctors have developed the PSM (Pain And Side Effect Management). It involves the systematic application of special measures to alleviate the occurrence of possible side effects. The effect of Pain And Side Effect Management is described by patients as pleasant.
In recent years, the network has developed a second injection solution in cooperation with a Russian institute and a German pharmacy. This is intended to be a very useful addition to the existing therapy, namely
- for patients who are particularly sensitive to pain, because it has virtually no side effects.
- for the treatment region of the face, because the swellings that occur with the Lipolysis Compound are almost no longer visible and therefore the ability to socialise is restored more quickly./li>
- for patients who want to see their results very quickly, because the treatment interval can be shortened from 8 weeks to 2 weeks.
However, you have to bear in mind: The treatment is also a little more expensive.
The treatment – no matter which of the two injection solutions is used – usually visibly reduces the fat depot within the next 2-8 weeks.
Your body contour changes in a slow, continuous process. This therapy is not suitable for severely overweight patients and other measures should be considered. Treatment with lipolysis therapy is recommended primarily for people of normal weight with stubborn problem zones.
The treatment takes place on an outpatient basis with a duration – depending on the region – of 15-30 minutes.
On average, 2-4 sessions at intervals of 6-8 weeks are necessary to achieve an optimal result. More than 85% of the patients are very satisfied with the results after 2-4 treatments.
Treatable regions are:
- Double chin
- Chin line
- Hanging cheeks
- Saddle bags
- Thighs inside and outside
- Lower buttocks / transition to thigh
- Love-Handles / Hips
- Upper and lower abdomen
- Fat beads on the shoulder-arm joints
- Upper arms
- Back sections
What can I do myself for the success of the treatment?
Cooperative patients are very important for every therapy today. The relationship “the doctor does and I let him do” is no longer up-to-date, also because of the latest findings about the therapy situation, and a different relationship is of fundamental importance for the results of every treatment.
What can you do or refrain from doing to improve the success of the therapy?
After treatment you can
- take the food supplement DEGOZYM developed by network doctors, for the natural immune balance.
- walk 2 times a day for 15-20 minutes at a moderate pace.
- avoid alcohol or reduce it as much as possible in the first few weeks.
- reduce fat and carbohydrates
- do dinner cancelling. This means not to eat any food after 5 pm.
After treatment in any case you should
- give up sauna for 7 days.
- not do any strenuous sport, e.g. workout or jogging, for 7 days.
- not wear tight clothing for 7 days if it constricts the treated regions.
- not expose the treated regions to direct sunlight for 4 weeks.
- not take any long journeys (more than 100 kilometres) immediately after treatment or, if you do, take a short walk in between after every hour of driving.
- follow any other instructions given by your doctor.
The NETWORK-Globalhealth and the Globalhealth Academy for Aesthetic Medicine
The NETWORK-Globalhealth, which includes Department Lipolysis, is an international network of doctors with over 2000 members in 64 countries. The Globalhealth Academy has developed a training concept for non-surgical aesthetic procedures and has been training these procedures for several years.
Competent trainers and speakers are engaged who enjoy high international recognition. New developments are passed on to the members in continuous further training. The Academy’s principle is to provide only objective and company-neutral training. Our doctors are members of the International Society for Lipolysis Therapy ISL.
Weitere Informationen bei Ihrem NETZWERK-Arzt.
Consent and information
A comprehensive information of the patient about the offered therapy is a special concern for NETWORK physicians, in order to give you as a patient a good basis for your decision. Advice on treatment options as well as objective clarification of all potential risks and side effects is a necessary and desired component of every treatment and the basis of a trusting and long-standing relationship between you, the patient and your treating physician.
You can find more information about injection lipolysis on the independent patient blog A Beautiful Health.